Strategy Director European Region
Region: Frankfurt am Main
Spark44 is a new type of agency, established as a joint venture with Jaguar Land Rover globally.
We’re not an in-house department; we’re a separate business with a specialism in automotive and luxury goods. We are Demand Creation Partners. That means we work across all platforms with a clear customer journey strategy. From the point of Intrigue, through an inform stage, close of sale and delivery of the on-going relationship.
You bring your knowledge of integrated marketing with a strong digital focus into the overall strategic approach, helping the agency and clients to understand how they can change perceptions and behaviour: increasing consideration, driving sales, and defining loyalty in all its future forms.
- Analyse local markets, brands and consumers and define strong insights. Use the insights gained to create actionable ideas that drive our thinking forward.
- Be able to define a content plan for a market or region.
- Understand the global strategy and help local markets localize it in a way that is locally relevant and yet in line with the global direction.
- Fully understand European mentality and culture with all its local nuances. Be a good listener and curios observer.
- Have a deep knowledge of today´s communication channels and formats. Think and act 360° and be able to challenge the POV of a media partner in a constructive, convincing way.
- Understand the “Global – Regional – Local” set up of a Global brand and ideally have according working experience.
- Be familiar with the customer journey concept and be able to draft one.
- Work with analytics team to continually optimise the communications mix. Not be afraid of numbers. Be able to turn facts & figures into intriguing insights.
- Write powerful briefs, then provide clear, persuasive briefings. Remain an active contributor throughout the development of the executions.
- Be an excellent partner with internal teams, other agencies, other Spark offices and clients. Promote integration, share ideas.
- Author engaging presentations, POVs, and case studies.
- Share best practice to educate agency and clients.
- Travel to cover live events, client presentations, vendor offices and other Spark44 offices.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- 5+ years agency or similar experience in a strategic communications role.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to rapidly synthesize large quantities of information, identify critical observations and insights, and summarise, understanding implications and uncovering opportunities.
- Demonstrable strategic expertise and history of great work.
- Premium brand experience and / or automotive experience are beneficial.
- Always fascinated by customer data, with the ability to find new ways to harness this for our clients’ success and explain it in the simplest terms.
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills. Must be able to write simply and persuasively. Must know how to change register and be sensitive to the different levels of digital expertise of clients.
- Ability to relate and play well with others – you are a collaborator and an enabler, not an inhibitor.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Assertive and resourceful with a proven track record of getting things done.
- Inclusive with a natural fire for getting others involved and having fun along the way.
We are looking forward to receiving your application, indicating your salary expectations and the next possible entry date.
Your Spark44 HR Team Frankfurt
Ansprechpartner: Valeria Pekelis